Tuesday, December 6

ACSOL: 1ST ANNIVERSARY OF BLOGGING

Wednesday, December 7th, is the first anniversary of this blog -- A CERTAIN SLANT OF LIGHT -- and the one year anniversary of my blogging. More importantly, it marks the 1st birthday of my youngest grandson, Austin, whose birth a year ago was the inspiration for me to get a blog underway and to begin doing that which I love so much -- writing!

I am out-of-town this week visiting my grandson in order to be with him on his birthday and this evening my wife and I are enjoying a family visit with both of our sons, our daughter-in-law and the older of our two son's fiancee. It's a special evening and tomorrow is the Big Day for our "little man," Austin.

I do not have regular access to a computer on this trip, so I'll likely not post again until next Monday; but, I do want to take the time to thank the faithful readers of ACSOL, as well as those who periodically visit, for making my first year of blogging the enriching experience it has been. For those who subscribe to my site via their aggregators, have it in their blogroll, or have bookmarked it, I cannot begin to thank you enough for your support.

For those who link to ACSOL and have supported and encouraged me this past year, just know that you're very special to me. Indeed, you know who you are. Our e-mail exchanges and the friendships formed over the past 12 months have made such a difference. And, frankly, beyond the friendship has been the intellectual stimulation and the joy in reading your posts and seeing firsthand what heights the writing craft can reach in the blogosphere.

Thanks; thanks; thanks!