Friday, November 18

OF "BOOZEBAGS, CLUCKSERS, AND WELL-OILED WEATHER VANES

Betsy Newmark publishes provocative excerpts from an interview Hugh Hewitt conducted with James Lileks. The quote in this post's headline hints at what a good read Lileks' views of the Congress is.

Example:

I've had it with a lot of them. And if this wasn't serious, I'd be sitting back laughing. But it's not something to laugh about. What we have here is every single cliche that the left has been hammering into a sheet of tin since the beginning, made true.

Of equal interest, however, are the thoughts of the inimitable Mark Steyn, who Hugh also interviewed, so do enjoy both.

Example:

Well, I would be in favor of wrapping virtually every Republican Senator in asbestos, and using them to insulate my attic. I think that would be a more useful deployment of them, than what they're doing in the United States Senate.