Tuesday, October 25

WHAT KIND OF A WRITER AM I?

Ilona at True Grit tempted me with a test that's supposed to tell me what kind of a writer I am.

The results:

Character
You're a Dialogue/Character Writer!


What kind of writer are you?
brought to you by Quizilla


Funny, I thought for sure I'd score the same results as she. Why then is one of my favorite books The Death of Virgil by Hermann Brock and why was I so captivated in my Freshman year of college by William Faulkner's Absalom, Absalom! and Thomas Wolfe's Look Homeward, Angel. And why am I enthralled with William Butler Yeats and so touched by his poetry? Isn't there a consistent pattern there that squares more with Ilona's results?

Maybe I've just been watching too many Bogey films in the wee hours or re-reading too many of Raymond Chandler's gritty, hard-boiled detective novels. Or maybe the test makes no sense!