Wednesday, October 12

WHAT DOES DOBSON KNOW? (NADA)

I read the revelation in this morning's newspaper that James Dobson wasn't told privately by Karl Rove that Harriet Miers would vote to overturn Roe v. Wade, if she were confirmed and ever given a chance on the Supreme Court bench to do so. Sean Hackbarth covers the story and asks what does he know that the rest of us conservatives don't?

Not a damn thing, if you ask me, Sean. I don't think Dobson knows, I don't think Rove knows, I don't think the president knows, and, in all seriousness, I don't think Harriet Miers knows how she would vote. So let's just say that the "fear and tedpidation" over the Miers' nomination is well-grounded and appropriate under the circumstances. For pro-life social conservatives that's precisely why Miers' selection is a slap in the face. And that's why we're so exercised over her nomination and the president's disregard for a good chunk of his base.

FOLLOW-UP: More on the story from H-Bomb