Monday, October 24

MIERS BEING KILLED AND KILLING HERSELF

Read this from Political Wire and then kindly read my post of yesterday explaining my reasons for wanting to see the nomination of Harriet Miers withdrawn.

I think you'll find parallels.

As I wrote:

For the good of his two-term presidency and the restoration of a voter base the Republicans sorely need in the upcoming 2006 elections, Miers nomination should be withdrawn. I'd much rather we Republicans overcome the hurdle of liberal, non-thinking, obstructionist Democrats, who rejected the likes of John Roberts (while publicly singing his praises) simply to keep their Soros-fed campaign coffers full, than engage in internecine warfare over a nominee who made no one's short list of esteemed judicial luminaries and who disappoints at every turn.