Monday, October 10

CONSERVATIVE BLOGGERS POLLED ON MIERS' NOMINATION

John Hawkins of "Right Wing News" didn't call me or write to me or put CIA operatives on my tail or have my library card revoked in order to get my views on Harriet Miers' nomination and answers to four questions he put to "right-of-center" bloggers in a poll whose results are posted at his site today. And I'm distraught. I thought John thought better of me and ACSOL, as he recently gave me his "Website Of The Day" nod. But then, maybe it's just me. I just received my class' high school reunion invitation in the mail and the reunion is in southern California this coming weekend. Me and Rodney Dangerfield. No, me and Red Buttons. Red always did that I never got a dinner routine when he used to be a ubiquitous speaker on the Dean Martin Roasts years ago. (I know the feeling.)

I label myself a center-right, traditionalist poliblogger and maybe that characterization doesn't quite cut the mustard with John, although there are a number of bloggers who received an email from him and responded to the polling questions he posed who aren't decidedly right (or even a smidgen right) of Barry Goldwater, Harry Jaffa, William F. Buckley, or John Birch. Indeed, John sent out emails to 200 bloggers (200 BLOGGERS!) and I'm baffled that my conservative credentials were not sufficient to earn a wedding invitation. My God In Heaven, what if "The Mahablog's" Barbara O'Brien thinks I've had an epiphany, turned liberal Democrat, and developed a crush on Nancy Pelosi? Back in January, she got it right; why can't John?

This could damage my reputation, Mr. Hawkins!

So I'm suffering a bad bout of "list envy" this morning and wondering how a self-described Reagan Republican such as I and one who has written any number of posts on the impolitic nomination of a cipher to the United States Supreme Court could be bypassed by the esteemed Mr. Hawkins and left in blogosphere dry dock. Talk about disconcerting.

Well, oblige me, Dear Readers. Here are the questions posed and my answers:

1) Do you think George Bush made ...

Answer: "B" -- a bad or terrible decision in selecting Harriet Miers ...

2) Has the decision to select Miers ...

Answer: "B" -- made you view George Bush less favorably ...

3) Would you prefer that George Bush ...

Answer: "B" -- withdraw the nomination of Harriet Miers

4) If the Harriet Miers nomination is not withdrawn by President Bush, then at her confirmation hearings, would you prefer that Republican Senators ...

Answer: "B" -- vote against Harriet Miers


HAT-TIP: Michelle Malkin