Wednesday, October 26

ANOTHER AMONG US WHOM HUGH HEWITT HASN'T CONVINCED

Polipundit points to yet another blogger who has come to oppose the Miers' nomination.

Try as he may, Hugh Hewitt isn't herding many into his pro-Miers corral.

Pejman Yousefzadeh writes at RedState.Org:

And this is where I get off the bus. I don't want a Justice who is merely better than the mediocre. I want excellence. I want someone who lives and breathes the issues the Court grapples with and while Harriet Miers is an excellent lawyer, she does not fit the bill on this score.


FOLLOW-UP: And it's not just bloggers, either, as a number of Republican Senators are beginning to question seriously, according to Professor Bainbridge, the judgement of the president in selecting Ms. Miers. And this isn't the first time that I have read the word "unimpressive" in describing the SCOTUS nominee.