Thursday, September 29

I AGREE WITH FRANK, WHO AGREES WITH PEGGY

If agreeing with Frank Laughter and Peggy Noonan qualifies me as a Libertarian, than I guess I am one (or becoming one), although I've never thought of myself in those terms, content, as I am, with being a self-described Reagan Republican.

I know this: government has become too intrusive and too all-encompassing in our lives, and far too many people turn to it with overweening expectations for their every need and blind rage when any among them goes unfulfilled.

Katrina and Rita survivor/evacuees in the Houston area were sent to a venue where (after waiting in horrendously long lines in stifling heat) they could do some one-stop shopping for relief aid by selecting to talk to one or more representatives from 90 federal government agencies on hand to assist them.

What's wrong with that picture?