Saturday, September 17

"CEBRIDGE CONNECTIONS" -- THE WORST SERVICE PROVIDER I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH (EVER!)

My wife put this season's Notre Dame football schedule up on the refrigerator long before the season opener on the road against Pittsburgh. Notre Dame football is a BIG DEAL in this household and that of my two sons. Last weekend Notre Dame upset the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor and my wife and I watched the game on ABC -- on a snowy screen courtesy of our half-ass cable provider, Cebridge Connections. Today's game at home in South Bend was a nationally televised game on NBC and it's a game I pointed to all week long with high expectations.

This morning when I arose I started the coffee and then went over, grabbed the remote control, held my breath, and turned on the television in the family room. Hey, there was a picture! Then I flipped channels to NBC and, HEY, there was a picture -- a clear picture -- and audio no less! I breathed a sigh of relief and turned the television off satisfied that Cebridge would deliver the Notre Dame vs. Michigan State football game at 2:30pm CT on NBC. Surely the cable gods wouldn't let me down today.

I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER.

At about 2:25pm, both of us regaled in our Notre Dame shirts and hats, my wife turned on the television and there was the infamous NO SIGNAL/SNOWY SCREEN that greets us all too often courtesy of good ol' unreliable Cebridge Connections -- the worst service provider I have ever dealt with in my life. It's unthinkable that a company can be run this poorly and without improvement!

Notre Dame lost to MSU in overtime and Monday morning I start shopping for satellite TV.

I'll not abide bad service or inferior products.

Notre Dame with Charlie Weis at the helm will improve. Cebridge Connections, I suspect, will continue to decline. Cebridge likes to talk about "service outages." Cebridge has "management outages" and I'm tired of talking about them.