Wednesday, August 24

RUFFINI'S STRAW POLL: BE SURE TO VOTE!

I want to keep Patrick Ruffini's straw poll in front of my readers, particularly those who don't scroll down very far, so they'll avail themselves of an opportunity to register their early pick for the GOP's presidential nominee in 2008.

My vote at this juncture is for Newt Gingrich. And I'm not inclined to change that vote even if Dick Cheney were to agree to run, as I'm looking for a candidate who could stick for two terms. Besides, Cheney, as much as I respect him, is President Bush's right-hand man, and although I voted for George W. Bush in both 2000 and 2004, he and his Administration have sorely disappointed me in their indifference to the illegal alien problem and our nation's porous borders. And I hold Mr. Cheney accountable for that, as well.

Presently, Rudolph Giuliani is leading the pack with 31.1% of the vote, followed by Allen with 20.5%, then Gingrich with 14.5%. Rice is the clear-cut Fantasy Ballot leader with 39.4% of the vote.

Go ahead and vote right through this link. Read the instructions. Be counted!


Filed in: