Saturday, August 27

"A MAN'S MAN" -- SUITS ME!

"The Anchoress" must have recovered nicely from yesterday's MRI and feeling out of sorts, as she's taking funky personality tests today and providing links for her readers to do so as well.

Well, I'm kinda bored with it all at the moment, as a 110+ degree heat index and insufferable humidity in the Houston area have kept me indoors today, so I took the test, too, just to kill some time, and here are my results:

John Wayne
You scored 38% Tough, 14% Roguish, 19% Friendly, and 28% Charming!
You, my friend, are a man's man, the original true grit, one tough talking, swaggering son of a bitch. You're not a bad guy, on the contrary, you're the ultimate good guy, but you're one tough character, rough and tumble, ready for anything. You call the shots and go your own way, and if some screwy dame is willing to accept your terms, that's just fine by you. Otherwise, you'll just hit the open trail and stay true to yourself. You stand up for what you believe and can handle any situation, usually by rushing into the thick of the action. You're not polished and you're not overly warm, but you're a straight shooter and a real stand up guy. Co-stars include Lauren Bacall and Maureen O'Hara, tough broads who can take care of themselves.

Find out what kind of classic dame you'd make by taking the Classic Dames Test.




My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
free online dating free online dating
You scored higher than 99% on Tough
free online dating free online dating
You scored higher than 50% on Roguish
free online dating free online dating
You scored higher than 25% on Friendly
free online dating free online dating
You scored higher than 75% on Charming
Gee, am I that unfriendly a sort? Didn't think so. What is it I said?!?! The other scores suit me.

Did any of you know "THE DUKE" played football for the University of Southern California until a bad shoulder injury from body surfing in the Pacific Ocean forced him to end his athletic career? Ironically, I wanted to play for USC, but that opportunity ended with knee injuries my senior year of high school. I was actually invited to the campus during USC's spring football practice and got to meet the then Head Football Coach John McKay. I was a 3-year varsity football letterman at a southern California high school with a strong, championship football program, but never got to play collegiate football, as I had hoped to. My dream was to play for the Trojans against the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame in South Bend.

Anyway, sorry for the digression. What concerns me is that my wife of a zillion years (we were high school sweethearts back in the Pleistocene Epoch) cannot stand John Wayne, refuses to watch any of his movies (what's not to like about "The Sands of Iwo Jima") and this damn test The Anchoress directed me towards has just come up with ol' DUKE himself as an apt description of me! I'm in trouble now!

That's the bad news. The good news is the test results indicate I would gravitate to a Maureen O'Hara type. That's ironic, too, as I've always found her VERY ATTRACTIVE whenever I've watched any of the movies in which she's appeared.

By the way, and for what it's worth, my favorite John Wayne movie is "Red River" and my favorite line of his is: I found something in these keys worth fighting for. Nights on watch I'll see you like this, Loxi, with your hair catching fire in the sunset, and that look in your eyes, ten fathoms deep (from "Reap The Wild Wind").

Now, then, I'll have to ask my friend Ilona of (ironically enough) "True Grit" (yes, that's the name of her blog ... honest!), as she's into this sort of thing, if the personality profile given above for John Wayne squares with my "ISTJ" personality temperament score?

What say you, Ilona?

FOLLOW-UP: Here's the link for you men who want to take the test.

POSTSCRIPT (08/28): My wife took the test and she's a Carole Lombard type and, so the results claim, would prefer a Clark Gable or Fredric March. The test results indicated she could be a bit of a "fruitcake." Not sure The Anchoress has done our marriage a service with this test, as John Wayne and Clark Gable strike me as polar opposities. Thoughts, Ladies (reassurances would be warmly appreciated)?

POSTSCRIPT II (08/28): Well, my wife decided to have some fun with this test. She asked me to take the women's test, declare myself of the female gender, use her birthdate, and answer the questions not as I thought she would, but in the context of how I perceive my wife and in a manner consistent with that perception. She, in turn, took the men's test, and did the same thing on the basis of how she perceives me to be. The upshot: my test results for her declared her to be Carol Lombard; however, her test results for me had me as Cary Grant! Should I be flattered and leave it at that? Or should I wonder why my wife sees me one way and I see myself another, and with those results at opposite ends of the spectrum?!?! (Are we having fun yet?)