Wednesday, August 31

INDICATIONS NOW THAT GOVERNMENTS, INDIVIDUALS, AND ORGANIZATIONS MAY STEP UP

Here's an Associated Press (AP) story indicating that certain governments, private citizens, and organizations in the international community of nations may be stepping up to lend a hand to the victims of Hurricane Katrina. As I promised, I will post on this information as it is confirmed and the relief efforts and contributions implemented.

If you're a visitor to this site and reside in a country other than the United States and intend to make a donation, I applaud you and extend to you my thanks on behalf of the thousands of displaced victims of Katrina.

FOLLOW-UP: Here's the other side of the coin vis-a-vis Germany in particular and the reactions of Americans to it and Europe in general(courtesy of "Spiegel Online").

Proof that I haven't been a lone wolf crying (or "grousing," as one of my fans characterized it) in the wind:

When a tsunami hit South Asia in December, the world mobilized to help and aid poured in. Now that parts of America are underwater, the US is handling the relief work virtually alone. What is going on? By Jody K. Biehl in Berlin more...