Monday, July 25

PATRICK RUFFINI'S "JUST RIGHT" STRAW POLL

Patrick Ruffini is conducting what he terms a Just Right straw poll at his site, allowing readers to register their preferred picks for the 2008 Presidential Race. Why not go ahead and cast your vote and we'll see how the results come in.

At this point and given Patrick's list of likely contenders, I'm going to select Senator George Allen (R-VA), because of his strong Pro-Life stance, and for the same reason that Rudolf Giuliani could never earn my vote given his Pro-Choice position.

HAT TIP: Lorie Byrd at Polipundit.

FOLLOW-UP: I would have liked to have seen Newt Gingrich on Patrick's list of projected contenders for the Republican Party's presidential nomination in 2008 and, were he on it, I believe at this juncture I'd be inclined to go with Newt, as I think he could slice and dice Hillary. Mr. Gingrich is keenly intelligent, an innovator, and a Reagan-Republican.