Saturday, April 2

"BLOGGING THE REVOLUTION": CAN YOU FEEL THE ELECTRICITY IN THE AIR?

Ronald Reagan's well-remembered words in the 1980 presidential campaign, directed pointedly at Jimmy Carter-- "There you go again ..." -- might just as easily apply to Corie Schweitzer, moderator of this coming Tuesday's "Blogging The Revolution" panel discussion at Houston Community College. I say that, because having threatened to keep her hand-picked panelists in line with either stun guns, hurled fruit, or nasty, KGB-style interrogation techniques, she's now settled on electro-shock devices! What's with this gal?

Hey, she's an English professor after all -- maybe she's having her students read the Marquis de Sade this semester (or "The Green Mile" by Stephen King). I just hope I'm not the panelist who gets the dry sponge!

Regardless, I'm looking forward to it (about as much as I look forward to the heat and humidity of a Houston summer!). Just kidding! I appreciate the invite, even if Corie is a tad intimidating!