Friday, April 22

AG-JOBS LEGISLATION DEFEATED IN SENATE

This "Washington Times" story really made my day, as I was lobbying (in my own small way) for the defeat of the "Ag-Jobs" bill and the much-desired outcome -- defeat! Hurrah! And you know it's a good day when you can actually find reason to applaud Senators Barbara Boxer (D-CA) and Dianne Feinstein (D-CA).

I wrote on the subject of amnesty, signed a petition, and made some phone calls. That's what it is all about -- each of us doing what we can to stave off patent amnesty for illegals being marketed under the guise of a "Guest Worker" program. My ancestors came to this country legally and that's how I expect it to work for everyone else who comes to this land of ours to live and work and breathe free.

Illegals need to be deported, otherwise we're a lawless land, no better than our corrupt southern neighbor.

Our borders need to be secured. Period.

Our president needs to walk the talk about terrorism and its implications. "Homeland Security" needs to be more than an empty slogan and a huge, tax-eating, red-light/green-light bureaucracy.