Wednesday, March 30

FIRST STUN GUNS, THEN FRUIT FIGHTS, NOW A KGB-STYLE INTERROGATION?

My goodness, such dreadful, draconian tactics from an otherwise classy lady? First there was her thought of brandishing a stun gun. Next she thought she'd drop her weapon, but maybe hurl some fruit at us if we weren't compliant. Now Corie of "Insane Troll Logic" is brushing up on KGB-style interrogation tactics for her upcoming stint as moderator of a "Blogging The Revolution" panel discussion at Houston Community College next Tuesday, April 5th, for which I'm a designated panelist (and erstwhile lab rat).

Corie is an English professor and is hoping that she can force one of the four panelists -- Jack Cluth, Chris Doelle, Robin Reagler, or yours truly -- to "cry out for mercy."

Well, seeing she is well-steeped in English Literature, I had better find an approriate way to let her know it will not be me among the group who will desparately plead for sanctuary:

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul.
-William Ernest Henley-